LONDON WALLET
  • Home
  • Investing
  • Business Finance
  • Markets
  • Industries
  • Opinion
  • UK
  • Real Estate
  • Crypto
No Result
View All Result
LONDON WALLET
  • Home
  • Investing
  • Business Finance
  • Markets
  • Industries
  • Opinion
  • UK
  • Real Estate
  • Crypto
No Result
View All Result
LondonWallet
No Result
View All Result

Britain’s Got Talent production company open to resolving David Walliams claim

Philip Roth by Philip Roth
October 8, 2023
in UK
Britain’s Got Talent production company open to resolving David Walliams claim
74
SHARES
1.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter



You might also like

Beyond the headlines: New Capital Link, recovery rooms, and the battle for investor protection – London Business News | London Wallet

Monoup shares payment trends for digital merchants: Where is industry going in 2026? – London Business News | London Wallet

The invisible infrastructure: Why the robotic pool vacuum is the next essential for smart London homes – London Business News | London Wallet

T

he production company behind Britain’s Got Talent which is being sued by David Walliams has said it is open to resolving his claims “amicably” but is prepared to “robustly defend” itself.

Its statement came after the Sun on Sunday newspaper published details of the former talent show judge’s £10 million High Court legal claim against production company Fremantle.

The Sun said the data protection case relates to the comedian and author’s microphone being kept on and recording throughout all filming of the show, including breaks, and a claim that transcripts were taken.

It is alleged that thousands of hours of recordings were kept which included “private information… recorded without his consent or knowledge”, the newspaper said.

In response, a Fremantle spokesperson said: “We had a long and productive relationship with David and so are surprised and saddened by this legal action.

Read More

“For our part, we remain available and open to dialogue to resolve this matter amicably.

“However, in the interim, we will examine the various allegations and are prepared to robustly defend ourselves if necessary.”

Walliams had been a judge on the ITV talent programme since 2012, but did not return for the latest series earlier this year.

The 52-year-old was replaced by former Strictly Come Dancing judge Bruno Tonioli, who joined the judging panel alongside Simon Cowell, Amanda Holden and Alesha Dixon.

Walliams departed after he apologised for making “disrespectful comments” about auditioning contestants during filming breaks in January 2020 at the London Palladium.

The remarks came to light in November 2022 after a transcript was leaked to the Guardian.

The publication reported that a spokesperson for Thames TV, part of Fremantle, had said that although the production company regarded Walliams’ comments as private, his language was “inappropriate”.

Walliams’ representatives have been approached for comment.



Source link

Share30Tweet19
Previous Post

Misfits Actor Antonia Thomas on her role as Hedda Gabler: Theatre Podcast

Next Post

‘Knee-jerk surge’: Oil experts predict market impact of Israel-Hamas conflict

Philip Roth

Philip Roth

Recommended For You

Beyond the headlines: New Capital Link, recovery rooms, and the battle for investor protection – London Business News | London Wallet
UK

Beyond the headlines: New Capital Link, recovery rooms, and the battle for investor protection – London Business News | London Wallet

February 18, 2026
Monoup shares payment trends for digital merchants: Where is industry going in 2026? – London Business News | London Wallet
UK

Monoup shares payment trends for digital merchants: Where is industry going in 2026? – London Business News | London Wallet

February 18, 2026
The invisible infrastructure: Why the robotic pool vacuum is the next essential for smart London homes – London Business News | London Wallet
UK

The invisible infrastructure: Why the robotic pool vacuum is the next essential for smart London homes – London Business News | London Wallet

February 18, 2026
Pixazo launches Tracks at AI Impact Summit India 2026, an AI music generation model for Hindi and Punjabi songs – London Business News | London Wallet
UK

Pixazo launches Tracks at AI Impact Summit India 2026, an AI music generation model for Hindi and Punjabi songs – London Business News | London Wallet

February 18, 2026
Next Post
‘Knee-jerk surge’: Oil experts predict market impact of Israel-Hamas conflict

'Knee-jerk surge': Oil experts predict market impact of Israel-Hamas conflict

Related News

Council rejects Google Ireland’s plans for 800,000 sq ft Dublin data centre | Property Week

Council rejects Google Ireland’s plans for 800,000 sq ft Dublin data centre | Property Week

August 28, 2024
SBF says Sullivan & Cromwell contradicted itself with insolvency claims

SBF says Sullivan & Cromwell contradicted itself with insolvency claims

January 18, 2023
Hyundai IONIQ 5 and Kia EV6 are the same lease price – Which EV would you choose?

Hyundai IONIQ 5 and Kia EV6 are the same lease price – Which EV would you choose?

August 3, 2023

Browse by Category

  • Business Finance
  • Crypto
  • Industries
  • Investing
  • Markets
  • Opinion
  • Real Estate
  • UK

London Wallet

Read latest news about finance, business and investing

  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

© 2025 London Wallet - All Rights Reserved!

No Result
View All Result
  • Checkout
  • Contact
  • Home
  • Login/Register
  • My account
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

© 2025 London Wallet - All Rights Reserved!

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?