LONDON WALLET
  • Home
  • Investing
  • Business Finance
  • Markets
  • Industries
  • Opinion
  • UK
  • Real Estate
  • Crypto
No Result
View All Result
LONDON WALLET
  • Home
  • Investing
  • Business Finance
  • Markets
  • Industries
  • Opinion
  • UK
  • Real Estate
  • Crypto
No Result
View All Result
LondonWallet
No Result
View All Result

‘As much as possible’ of report into Tubridy payments to be published by RTE

Philip Roth by Philip Roth
June 27, 2023
in UK
‘As much as possible’ of report into Tubridy payments to be published by RTE
74
SHARES
1.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter



R

TE is to publish “as much as possible” of an external review into undisclosed payments made to star presenter Ryan Tubridy over the past three years.

It comes as a staff protest is due to be held at RTE headquarters in Donnybrook at lunchtime in response to growing anger and a call for answers amid the spiralling controversy at the public service broadcaster.

Questions have intensified around the 345,000 euro worth of undisclosed payments made between 2017 and 2022 to Tubridy since it was made public last week.

You might also like

Oil prices stabilised ahead of US and Iran talks – London Business News | London Wallet

Kyiv is ‘on the brink of catastrophe’ amid repeated waves of Russian bombings – London Business News | London Wallet

Brits will have to pay higher taxes as the UK prepares for war – London Business News | London Wallet

It has prompted the Government to order an external review into governance and culture at the broadcaster, and RTE executives are due before two parliamentary committees this week to answer questions from TDs and senators.

Former RTE boss Dee Forbes has said that the payments made in 2020-2022 were a result of honouring contractual obligations after the pandemic hit, but was unaware of other payments made between 2017-2019.

Read More

She said that she led negotiations between senior RTE executives with Tubridy’s agent. She said the final deal aimed to deliver savings for RTE and that she did not “act contrary to any advice” at any stage.

Ms Forbes resigned as director general of RTE on Monday; Tubridy is not presenting his weekday morning radio show this week.

The RTE Board said on Monday it was mindful that the public, staff and politicians want accountability, and said it was “very mindful” of the need to provide clarity.

It said that a “comprehensive” statement would be issued on Tuesday afternoon “setting out its understanding of the circumstances” around payments made to Tubridy in the 2020-2022 period.

It also committed to publishing “as much as possible” of the Grant Thornton review into those payments, but said that the payments made from 2017-2019 are still being reviewed by the advisory company and so will not be included.

The Grant Thornton review into the 2020-2022 payments was commissioned by the Audit and Risk Committee of the RTE Board after anomalies were noticed.

It was received by the Board last Monday.

Later this week, members of the RTE board and executive are due to attend the Media committee and the Public Accounts committee to answer questions. It is unclear who exactly will attend, including whether Ms Forbes will be present.



Source link

Share30Tweet19
Previous Post

Sir James Dyson in Court of Appeal bid over dismissed libel claim

Next Post

Charities back Prince of Wales over project to end homelessness

Philip Roth

Philip Roth

Recommended For You

Oil prices stabilised ahead of US and Iran talks – London Business News | London Wallet
UK

Oil prices stabilised ahead of US and Iran talks – London Business News | London Wallet

February 16, 2026
Kyiv is ‘on the brink of catastrophe’ amid repeated waves of Russian bombings – London Business News | London Wallet
UK

Kyiv is ‘on the brink of catastrophe’ amid repeated waves of Russian bombings – London Business News | London Wallet

February 16, 2026
Brits will have to pay higher taxes as the UK prepares for war – London Business News | London Wallet
UK

Brits will have to pay higher taxes as the UK prepares for war – London Business News | London Wallet

February 16, 2026
Musk’s social media platform suffers worldwide outage – London Business News | London Wallet
UK

Musk’s social media platform suffers worldwide outage – London Business News | London Wallet

February 16, 2026
Next Post
Charities back Prince of Wales over project to end homelessness

Charities back Prince of Wales over project to end homelessness

Related News

El Salvador marks three years of Bitcoin adoption with M profit

El Salvador marks three years of Bitcoin adoption with $31M profit

September 7, 2024
Call for urgent court investment ahead of Renters’ Rights Act implementation – London Wallet

Call for urgent court investment ahead of Renters’ Rights Act implementation – London Wallet

November 14, 2025
EV laggards Toyota and Stellantis complain about proposed EPA emissions rules

EV laggards Toyota and Stellantis complain about proposed EPA emissions rules

July 11, 2023

Browse by Category

  • Business Finance
  • Crypto
  • Industries
  • Investing
  • jutawantoto
  • Markets
  • Opinion
  • Real Estate
  • UK

London Wallet

Read latest news about finance, business and investing

  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

© 2025 London Wallet - All Rights Reserved!

No Result
View All Result
  • Checkout
  • Contact
  • Home
  • Login/Register
  • My account
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

© 2025 London Wallet - All Rights Reserved!

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?