LONDON WALLET
  • Home
  • Investing
  • Business Finance
  • Markets
  • Industries
  • Opinion
  • UK
  • Real Estate
  • Crypto
No Result
View All Result
LONDON WALLET
  • Home
  • Investing
  • Business Finance
  • Markets
  • Industries
  • Opinion
  • UK
  • Real Estate
  • Crypto
No Result
View All Result
LondonWallet
No Result
View All Result

Purplebricks set to delist from stock market after takeover – London Wallet

Mark Helprin by Mark Helprin
June 15, 2023
in Real Estate
Purplebricks set to delist from stock market after takeover – London Wallet
74
SHARES
1.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


You might also like

Nigel Farage calls on housing secretary Steve Reed to resign over ‘unlawful’ decision – London Wallet

The Domino’s effect – how admitting failure builds trust – London Wallet

Comings & Goings – London Wallet

Today is the last day Purplebricks is to be listed on the AIM stock market after its sale to rival Strike for £1.

Purplebricks will now be now operating as a private company, after shareholders in the online estate agency voted overwhelmingly earlier this month to sell the company for just £1 to Strike, a competitor backed by the telecoms tycoon Sir Charles Dunstone.

In a vote held on 2 June, 91% of the votes were cast in favour of the deal, which was recommended to investors by the board last month.

Once seen as an innovator in online house sales and rental, with a peak market valuation of £1.3bn, Purplebricks put itself up for sale in February after issuing a string of profit warnings that resulted in its market value falling to £30m.

Last month, the Purplebricks chair, Paul Pindar, said the company had accepted an offer of £1 from Strike, despite being “disappointed with the financial value outcome”.

The shareholders voted to delist the company from London’s junior market and change the company’s corporate name to Bricks Newco plc.

Under the terms of the deal offered by Strike, Purplebricks will use about £5.5m in cash to pay expenses and costs not covered by the buyer, leaving shareholders with about £2m in proceeds from the sale.

One of Purplebricks’ largest shareholders, Lecram Holdings – an investment vehicle run by the activist investor Adam Smith – put forward a rival bid, at 0.5p a share, valuing the company at £1.53m.

Smith said Lecram Holdings’ offer gave shareholders the “certainty of cash now rather than vague promises from a discredited board of something more somewhere down the line”. However, Lecram this week decided not to proceed after it said “the financial condition [of Purplebricks] was found to be significantly worse than expected”.

Smith is a longtime critic of Pindar and his role in Purplebricks’ decline. Last November shareholders voted against a proposal by Smith to oust Pindar and replace him with the Rightmove founder Harry Hill.

Purplebricks’ five biggest shareholders are the German publisher Axel Springer, which holds a 26.5% stake, JNE Partners (11%), Momentum Global Investment Management (7%), Pindar (5%) and Hargreaves Lansdown Asset Management (5%).

Dunstone, a joint major shareholder in Strike, has pledged to bring Strike’s “much more aggressive pricing” to Purplebricks.

Purplebricks was co-founded by the brothers Michael and Kenny Bruce, alongside David Shepherd, in 2012 and received early backing from Neil Woodford, the former star stockpicker. The company floated on Aim in December 2015.

 

Rightmove’s latest price hike, Purplebricks’ strategy, and agency advice

 





Source link

Share30Tweet19
Previous Post

Bitcoin dips below $25K for the first time in 3 months

Next Post

GM’s BrightDrop launches in Canada, its first fleet of electric delivery vans outside of the US

Mark Helprin

Mark Helprin

Recommended For You

Nigel Farage calls on housing secretary Steve Reed to resign over ‘unlawful’ decision – London Wallet
Real Estate

Nigel Farage calls on housing secretary Steve Reed to resign over ‘unlawful’ decision – London Wallet

February 17, 2026
The Domino’s effect – how admitting failure builds trust – London Wallet
Real Estate

The Domino’s effect – how admitting failure builds trust – London Wallet

February 17, 2026
Comings & Goings – London Wallet
Real Estate

Comings & Goings – London Wallet

February 17, 2026
Established estate agency franchise changes hands – London Wallet
Real Estate

Established estate agency franchise changes hands – London Wallet

February 17, 2026
Next Post
GM’s BrightDrop launches in Canada, its first fleet of electric delivery vans outside of the US

GM's BrightDrop launches in Canada, its first fleet of electric delivery vans outside of the US

Related News

Ledn ditches ETH, shifts to full custody model for Bitcoin loans

Ledn ditches ETH, shifts to full custody model for Bitcoin loans

May 23, 2025
Rightmove’s estate agent qualification gets Propertymark’s seal of approval – London Wallet

Rightmove’s estate agent qualification gets Propertymark’s seal of approval – London Wallet

May 5, 2023
Westminster named London’s most dangerous borough with over 100,000 offences every year

Westminster named London’s most dangerous borough with over 100,000 offences every year

February 14, 2024

Browse by Category

  • Business Finance
  • Crypto
  • Industries
  • Investing
  • jutawantoto
  • Markets
  • Opinion
  • Real Estate
  • UK

London Wallet

Read latest news about finance, business and investing

  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

© 2025 London Wallet - All Rights Reserved!

No Result
View All Result
  • Checkout
  • Contact
  • Home
  • Login/Register
  • My account
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

© 2025 London Wallet - All Rights Reserved!

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?