LONDON WALLET
  • Home
  • Investing
  • Business Finance
  • Markets
  • Industries
  • Opinion
  • UK
  • Real Estate
  • Crypto
No Result
View All Result
LONDON WALLET
  • Home
  • Investing
  • Business Finance
  • Markets
  • Industries
  • Opinion
  • UK
  • Real Estate
  • Crypto
No Result
View All Result
LondonWallet
No Result
View All Result

Sacked estate agent admits to racist post about England football players – London Wallet

Mark Helprin by Mark Helprin
November 15, 2024
in Real Estate
Sacked estate agent admits to racist post about England football players – London Wallet
74
SHARES
1.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


You might also like

Aparthotels lettings boss gets suspended prison sentence for fraud

Avant Homes gets green light to deliver £31.7m Telford resi scheme

Weis Group wins Manchester legal battle to develop £350m resi towers

A former estate agency manager from Sale has admitted to posting a racist comment on social media following the Euro 2020 final.

Andrew Bone, 41, who worked for Savills, was sacked by the company in September 2021 after posting a racist tweet about black England footballers following their Euro 2020 final defeat to Italy at Wembley Stadium. He had initially been suspended two months earlier, days after the incident.

The vile Tweet, published shortly after England’s Euros defeat to Italy at Wembley Stadium in July, had said: “N****** ruined it for us”.

The hateful tweet was directed at England players Bukayo Saka, Jadon Sancho and Marcus Rashford. Bone removed the comment minutes after posting it, but it had been reposted by others and reported to his employer, Savills.

Members of the public reported Bone’s post to the police and he was arrested three days later on 14 July.

Bone originally claimed that his Twitter account was hacked and called for police to investigate after Savills suspended him.

Bone went on to plead not guilty at court and a trial was fixed for 31 October this year.

The investigation continued, uncovering previous social media posts and cell site data which showed the device used to post the comment was in the same location as Bone.

The court granted an application made by the CPS to allow those prior hateful comments on social media to be used as bad character evidence at the trial.

Having seen the strength of the evidence against him, Bone pleaded guilty yesterday at Manchester Magistrates’ Court and will now be sentenced on 4 February 2025.

Martin Brogan, senior crown prosecutor for CPS North West said: “Andrew Bone took to social media to post a hateful racist comment, and in doing so, he broke the law.

“He removed the post soon after, but in the meantime the message was reported to his employer by a concerned social media user.

“Bone, thinking he could escape justice, concocted a story that he had been hacked, which he repeated to his employer, the police and the court.

“Today [Thursday], when faced with the strength of the prosecution case, he eventually admitted that he had posted the comment.

“We want supporters to show their passion without crossing the line into criminality and we’re working with football authorities including the Premier League and the Football Association, as well as with clubs and the police, to stamp out all types of offensive behaviour.

“Hateful and offensive comments around our national sport cause a great deal of distress and we stand ready to prosecute whenever so-called fans use racist, hateful or otherwise offensive comments, both in person and online.”

 





Source link

Share30Tweet19
Previous Post

Lenders pull all sub-4% loans as mortgage rates continue to rise – London Wallet

Next Post

Landlords rush to force out tenants ahead of Section 21 ban as eviction notices hit eight-year high – London Wallet

Mark Helprin

Mark Helprin

Recommended For You

Aparthotels lettings boss gets suspended prison sentence for fraud
Real Estate

Aparthotels lettings boss gets suspended prison sentence for fraud

February 18, 2026
Avant Homes gets green light to deliver £31.7m Telford resi scheme
Real Estate

Avant Homes gets green light to deliver £31.7m Telford resi scheme

February 18, 2026
Weis Group wins Manchester legal battle to develop £350m resi towers
Real Estate

Weis Group wins Manchester legal battle to develop £350m resi towers

February 18, 2026
AJ Capital Partners puts Cambridge hotel up for sale for £60m-plus
Real Estate

AJ Capital Partners puts Cambridge hotel up for sale for £60m-plus

February 18, 2026
Next Post
Landlords rush to force out tenants ahead of Section 21 ban as eviction notices hit eight-year high – London Wallet

Landlords rush to force out tenants ahead of Section 21 ban as eviction notices hit eight-year high - London Wallet

Related News

These stocks seeing tax-loss selling pressure are great rebound candidates, according to Wall Street

These stocks seeing tax-loss selling pressure are great rebound candidates, according to Wall Street

December 6, 2023
Dandara buys Essex land to build £105m resi neighbourhood | Property Week

Dandara buys Essex land to build £105m resi neighbourhood | Property Week

July 29, 2025
SEC flags Bitcoin miner hosting services as subject to securities laws

SEC flags Bitcoin miner hosting services as subject to securities laws

December 19, 2025

Browse by Category

  • Business Finance
  • Crypto
  • Industries
  • Investing
  • Markets
  • Opinion
  • Real Estate
  • UK

London Wallet

Read latest news about finance, business and investing

  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

© 2025 London Wallet - All Rights Reserved!

No Result
View All Result
  • Checkout
  • Contact
  • Home
  • Login/Register
  • My account
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

© 2025 London Wallet - All Rights Reserved!

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?