LONDON WALLET
  • Home
  • Investing
  • Business Finance
  • Markets
  • Industries
  • Opinion
  • UK
  • Real Estate
  • Crypto
No Result
View All Result
LONDON WALLET
  • Home
  • Investing
  • Business Finance
  • Markets
  • Industries
  • Opinion
  • UK
  • Real Estate
  • Crypto
No Result
View All Result
LondonWallet
No Result
View All Result

Steel giant Tata welcomes planning despite the loss of 2,000 jobs – London Business News | London Wallet

Philip Roth by Philip Roth
February 18, 2025
in UK
Steel giant Tata welcomes planning despite the loss of 2,000 jobs – London Business News | London Wallet
74
SHARES
1.2k
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter


You might also like

Wolves vs Arsenal: Prediction, kick-off time, team news, odds, h2h

Oil prices stabilised ahead of US and Iran talks – London Business News | London Wallet

Kyiv is ‘on the brink of catastrophe’ amid repeated waves of Russian bombings – London Business News | London Wallet

Steek giant Tata has hailed planning approval on Tuesday as they closed blast furnace to switch to an electric arc furnace to produce greener steel at Port Talbot, South Wales.

The electric furnaces mean fewer jobs will be needed and some 2,000 jobs are set to be lost amid the closure of the blast furnaces.

Rajesh Nair, chief executive of Tata Steel UK, said: “We are very pleased to have secured approval to build sustainable steelmaking in Port Talbot.

“Amidst a challenging global market, this is a significant milestone for the project and we are committed to begin large-scale work on site this summer, ahead of the Electric Arc Furnace starting up from the end of 2027.

“This £1.25 billion investment is the most significant investment made in the UK steel industry in decades.

“The facility will secure high-quality steel production, preserve thousands of jobs, and safeguard steel making in Port Talbot for generations to come.”

Business and Trade Secretary Jonathan Reynolds said: “This is a major step forward in securing a bright, long-term future for steel in South Wales, following the improved deal for Port Talbot’s transition we agreed with Tata Steel and the next phase of our Plan for Steel – unveiled last week.

“Today’s news will provide security for Port Talbot’s green steel transition and help give Welsh steelmaking the certainty it needs to drive growth and attract investment, as part of our Plan for Change.”

Welsh Secretary Jo Stevens said: “This decision is a significant step forward, providing more certainty over Tata’s plans for the site and for the future of steelmaking in South Wales.

“As part of our improved deal with Tata Steel, we have provided £500 million to support the company’s transition to greener steelmaking.

“This is backed by a further £80 million which we are investing directly into the community to support individual steelworkers and their families, businesses in the supply chain and on the regeneration of Port Talbot as we drive future economic growth in the area.

“We promised that we would deliver for our steel communities and through this investment and the steel strategy we are doing just that.”



Source link

Share30Tweet19
Previous Post

Ethereum L2 Abstract hit by wallet drain, ties to Cardex suspected

Next Post

Rayner calls in decision on Cambridge retail-to-innovation park conversion | Property Week

Philip Roth

Philip Roth

Recommended For You

Wolves vs Arsenal: Prediction, kick-off time, team news, odds, h2h
UK

Wolves vs Arsenal: Prediction, kick-off time, team news, odds, h2h

February 16, 2026
Oil prices stabilised ahead of US and Iran talks – London Business News | London Wallet
UK

Oil prices stabilised ahead of US and Iran talks – London Business News | London Wallet

February 16, 2026
Kyiv is ‘on the brink of catastrophe’ amid repeated waves of Russian bombings – London Business News | London Wallet
UK

Kyiv is ‘on the brink of catastrophe’ amid repeated waves of Russian bombings – London Business News | London Wallet

February 16, 2026
Brits will have to pay higher taxes as the UK prepares for war – London Business News | London Wallet
UK

Brits will have to pay higher taxes as the UK prepares for war – London Business News | London Wallet

February 16, 2026
Next Post
Rayner calls in decision on Cambridge retail-to-innovation park conversion | Property Week

Rayner calls in decision on Cambridge retail-to-innovation park conversion | Property Week

Related News

National Bank Holdings posts smaller-than-expected Q2 EPS

National Bank Holdings posts smaller-than-expected Q2 EPS

July 20, 2023
Democrats think they’ve found their 2026 message — and Miami just backed it up

Democrats think they’ve found their 2026 message — and Miami just backed it up

December 12, 2025
New e-trike boasts 960W motor, full-suspension and 500 lb capacity

New e-trike boasts 960W motor, full-suspension and 500 lb capacity

August 25, 2025

Browse by Category

  • Business Finance
  • Crypto
  • Industries
  • Investing
  • jutawantoto
  • Markets
  • Opinion
  • Real Estate
  • UK

London Wallet

Read latest news about finance, business and investing

  • Contact
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions

© 2025 London Wallet - All Rights Reserved!

No Result
View All Result
  • Checkout
  • Contact
  • Home
  • Login/Register
  • My account
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms and Conditions

© 2025 London Wallet - All Rights Reserved!

Are you sure want to unlock this post?
Unlock left : 0
Are you sure want to cancel subscription?