The United States is reportedly preparing to launch military strikes on Iran within days, as President Donald Trump ramps up pressure following failed nuclear talks in Geneva.
Warships, tankers, six E-3 spy planes, and the Tomahawk-armed submarine USS Georgia have been deployed to the Middle East in a dramatic show of force, sources told CBS and the Mirror.
“Large E-3 deployments are widely seen as a late-stage indicator ahead of major air operations,” said one military insider. “The fact that they’re now in position strongly suggests the US is ready for war.”
Tehran told to comply
Despite reports that an understanding had been reached in principle, US Vice President JD Vance warned that Iran is still ignoring core Washington demands.
Trump signalled that the joint US base at Diego Garcia and the RAF base at Fairford could be used in potential strikes, justifying the move as a defensive measure to protect allies.
Iran threatens retaliation
Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei issued a stark warning, stating that any renewed attacks could hit the US so hard it “cannot get back up.”
Iran planned rocket launches across its southern territory on Thursday to demonstrate military readiness.
Trump sources warn of imminent action
“The boss is getting fed up,” a Trump advisor told Axios.
“Some people warn him against going to war, but there’s a 90 per cent chance we see kinetic action in the next few weeks.”
Military readiness at peak
The US build-up includes:
- Six E-3 Sentry planes – two from Alaska (via RAF Mildenhall) and four from Oklahoma (via Ramstein, Germany), repositioned to the Middle East.
- USS Georgia submarine – armed with Tomahawk missiles, previously used in Operation Midnight Hammer against Iran’s nuclear facilities.
- Additional aircraft carriers, tankers, and command aircraft.
Officials say these deployments signal that the US is “armed and ready” for a rapid strike if diplomacy fails. Analysts warn the situation could escalate quickly, with Tehran primed to retaliate and Washington poised to respond.








